Who Can Join Texas SmartBuy
Who is Eligible to Become a Texas SmartBuy Member?
- Local government entities, such as cities and counties
- School Districts
- Education Service Centers
- Charter & Academy Schools
- Utility Districts
- County Appraisal Districts
- Junior & Community Colleges
- Housing, Port and Transportation Authorities
- Mental Health/Mental Disability Community Centers
- State-funded Assistance Organizations
- Special Districts, including MUDs, SUDs, Water Improvements Districts, Hospital Districts, Fire Prevention Districts, Emergency Service Districts, Judicial Districts, Library Districts, Political Subdivisions
- Workforce Development Boards
- Community Supervision & Corrections Departments (CS/CDs)
- Texas Rising Star Child Care Providers (certified by the Texas Workforce Commission)
- Councils of Government & Planning Commissions (zoning)
How to Become a Member of the Texas SmartBuy Membership Program
Organizations that want to purchase from statewide contracts for the first time or have been inactive for more than two years should complete a new member application, resolution and all documents required for proof of eligibility.
When the application has been approved, new and renewing members may access their Texas SmartBuy Account to submit the $100 annual fee by credit card to receive immediate access to Texas SmartBuy.
If a credit card is not available, the membership fee may be paid by check mailed to Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Texas SmartBuy Membership, P.O. Box 13528, Austin, TX 78711. Please note for members paying by check, Texas SmartBuy access will not be activated until the payment has deposited.