Texas SmartBuy Member Benefits
What are the Benefits of a Membership?
- We're Here for You: The Comptroller's office does not outsource customer service obligations. Our dedicated in-agency care team provides Texas SmartBuy Members with statewide procurement technical and customer service support by phone or email. We also offer one-on-one Texas SmartBuy Members Program purchasing training sessions by phone, webinar or in-person for larger groups.
- Save Time and Money: Take advantage of the state of Texas' huge purchasing power that results in statewide contracts with competitive prices that agencies and local governments don't have to solicit individually.
- Order Millions of Products Online/Anytime: Purchase hundreds of items online using TxSmartBuy.com, 24/7. Members have online access any time of day or night to review contracts and items available for purchase, place purchase orders and access purchasing resources. Purchase orders are automatically generated for both the purchaser and the vendor.
- Get the Access You Need: Unlike private purchasing cooperatives, there are NO hidden fees per purchase order for the buyer.
- Order Securely: All Texas contracts meet state legal obligations and are awarded in accordance with state purchasing statutes and competitive bidding requirements. The Comptroller's office guarantees all TxSmartBuy.com contracts.
- Find Vendors: Search thousands of vendors on the Centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL), including Texas Certified Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs). Plus, with the state-managed Vendor Performance Tracking System (VPTS), you'll have up-to-date information about past vendor performance and feedback of contracted vendors.
- Increase Competition: Members can post online bid notices and awards on the Electronic State Business Daily (ESBD). Quickly reach a larger audience with the ESBD online notification application than traditional posting methods.
- Earn Rebates on Qualified Purchases: Obtain payment charge cards through the use of the state's Commercial Card Program, and leverage rebate opportunities to increase financial advantage on expenses.
- Save on Fuel: Participants in the Texas SmartBuy Members Program using the state retail fuel card contract save with quarterly rebates on every dollar spent. Issue the card to a driver or vehicle and use towards maintenance, repair purchases and roadside assistance services. Texas SmartBuy members are not obligated to pay federal fuel taxes.
- Receive Discounted Rates on Travel: Participants with the Texas SmartBuy Members Program may use the State Travel Management Program at state contracted locations for discounted rates on flights, rental cars, travel agency services, and thousands of hotels.