Contract Details: # 425-A5
|Description||Furniture - TCI and WorkQuest (formerly TIBH) - Chairs; Desks; Bookcases; Tables; Sofa; Footrest; Storage Cabinet; Shims|
|Purchase Category Code(Agencies Only)||PCC A|
|Purchase Orders||Only purchase orders issued through TxSmartBuy are eligible for contract pricing. The Contractor will not ship any products or provide related services until receipt of a Purchase Order generated by the TxSmartBuy system.|
|CPA Contract Management||Questions regarding contract management issues, price changes, amendments or other post-award concerns should be directed to:
SPD Contract Management Office (SCMO)
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA)
Phone: (512) 463-3034 option 3
TCI – Furniture: 90 days after receipt of purchase order (ARO).
TCI –Metal: 90-120 days after receipt of purchase order (ARO).
This contract provides for two different delivery techniques:
1. Routine Dock Delivery: TCI will deliver items to the ordering entity's receiving dock and in the absence of a receiving dock, the furniture will be placed inside the front door of the lowest floor. The receiving entity is responsible for all additional movement to storage or user location.
2. Inside/Installation: "Inside Installation" means delivery of the packaged furniture to a specified room on a particular floor of an ordering entity's building. TCI will take action to cause the freight carrier to deliver un-package and install the packaged furniture to this specified location. The using entity shall be responsible for the removal of any existing furniture and equipment from the area in which the contract items are to be installed.
NOTE: An additional charge may apply if no elevator is available.
If customer requires advance notification of shipment, an additional charge may be added to invoice. If inside delivery is requested for a specific room other than the Reception/Lobby area, an additional charge may be added to agency invoice, as some freight companies charge extra for this service.
1. Routine Dock Delivery - TIBH: Common Carrier delivery to the receiving building means not carried inside or inspected by the Common Carrier for visible damage.
2. TIBH Inside Delivery: "Inside Delivery" means that the item is to be delivered inside the receiving building on the first floor, in a reception area. Deliveries to upper level floors will require additional cost. Purchasers must specify if an elevator is available for upper level access. Any and all special conditions must be communicated on the purchase order.
TCI – Furniture and Metal: Shipping & Installation Information
1. Freight – Furniture: F.O.B. Destination
Freight – Metal: Plus Freight – Contact TCI Metal Division for Quote
2. Installation 3. A flat rate per item installation charge, is available only for deliveries within the following COG Regions: 12,13,14,15,16 & 18.
Council of Government (Cog) Regions With Counties
12 Capital Counties:
13 Brazos Valley Counties:
14 Deep East Texas Counties:
15 South East Texas Counties:
16 Gulf Coast Counties:
18 Alamo Counties:
Installation of deliveries to COG Districts outside of those listed above shall be by quote only.
Freight is added when total order to single destination is less than 500 lbs.
Inside Delivery: An additional charge of $48.00 for the first 100 lbs and $7.00 for each additional 100 lbs will be added for an inside delivery request (unless inside delivery is not specifically stated as part of the selling price).
The contractor will furnish technical assistance to the ordering entity concerning what furniture to order and how options/accessories covered by the contract are used. This technical assistance may be rendered telephonically. The contractor will distribute on request at no charge one copy of the manufacturer's catalog (technical description) for each item included in the contract and one color chart showing the manufacturer's standard colors/finishes to each using entity.
TCI Furniture Colors:
A. Wood Finish Colors:
B. Fabric: 100% Marquesa Lana or 100% Olefin
C. Vinyl: Jamestown / Symphony
Fabric samples can be viewed on the TCI Website: Fabric Samples
Products Manufactured by TIBH to meet NFPA Standards:
A. Wood Finishes:
1. Chairs and Furniture: Walnut, Medium Oak
2. Furniture Only:
B. Fabric Color Chart* (1):
2. Nylon Wool Blend:
3. Marquesa Lana - Sherpa: (***Fast Ship Choice)
C. Fabric Color Chart** (2): (***Fast Ship Choice)
1. Marquesa Lana - Sherpa:
Grey Heather 21***
|Warranty Details||Manufacturer's standard warranty applies.
*TCI - Furniture: Fabric has a 1 (one) year warranty. Parts and working mechanisms have a 5 year warranty.
|Adding New Products to the Contract||Additional products or services of the same general category that are not already on the contract may be added by submitting an Open Market Requisition to the Statewide Contract Development section at firstname.lastname@example.org .|
|Compliant Products by Contractor||Delivery does not occur until the Contractor delivers products, materials or services in full compliance with the specifications to Customer F.O.B. destination, unless delivery is specifically accepted, in whole or in part, by the Customer. Providing products, materials or services which do not meet all specification requirements does not constitute delivery.
Customer reserves the right to require new delivery or a refund in the event that materials or products not meeting specifications are discovered after payment has been made.
|Purchase Order Cancellation||The Customer may request that a Contractor cancel a specific line item or an entire purchase order. There shall be no fees charged for cancellation of an item and/or order prior to shipment by the Contractor. The cancellation must be processed through the TxSmartBuy system.|
|Restocking Fee for Returned Products||The Customer may request that a Contractor accept return of products already delivered. If the return is required through no fault of the Contractor, the Contractor may request a reasonable restocking charge. The Customer may pay a restocking charge if the CPA or Customer determines that the charge is justifiable. As a guideline, such charges shall not exceed 15%.|
|Substitutions||During the Contract term, the Contractor shall not substitute a product or brand unless the Contractor has obtained prior written approval from the CPA Contract Manager in coordination with the Customer. The Contractor must have written confirmation from the CPA Contract Manager of the substitution before making delivery.|
|Contractor Performance||Statewide Procurement Division (SPD), administers a vendor performance program for use by all customers per Texas Government Code (TGC), §2262.055, and 34 Texas Administrative Code (TAC), §20.108. The Vendor Performance relies on the customer's participation in gathering information on vendor performance. State agency customers shall report vendor performance on purchases of$25,000 or more from contracts administered by CPA, or any other purchase of $25,000 or more made through delegated authority granted by CPA (TAC 20.108), or purchases exempt from CPA procurement rules and procedures. State agencies are additionally encouraged to report vendor performance on purchases under $25,000.
Vendor Performance shall be reported through the CPA VENDOR PERFORMANCE TRACKING SYSTEM.
The purpose of the Vendor Performance Tracking System is to:
• Identify vendors that have exceptional performance
• Aid purchasers in making a best value determination based on vendor past performance
• Protect the state from vendors with unethical business practices
• Provide performance scores in four measurable categories for the CMBL vendors
• Track vendor performance for delegated and exempt purchases
Contact Name: Customer Service
Phone: (936) 437-6048
Address: PO BOX 4013 Huntsville TX 77342
Contractor: WorkQuest (formerly TIBH)
Contact Name: Audrey Cedillo
Phone: (512) 451-8145
Address: TIBH 1011 East 53 1/2 Street Austin TX 78751